- Bachelors in Government and Women’s Studies. Cornell University, 1994
- Social Science Secondary Teaching Credential, San Francisco State University, 1998
- Clear Credential Coursework, UC Berkeley Extension, 2001
- Stanford University School Redesign Network Professional Development, 2003
- Project Management Course, Bridgespan Consulting, Austin, TX 2007
- Integral Coaching Certification, New Ventures West, San Francisco, CA 2011
- Parenting by Connection Year Long Course with Hand in Hand Parenting, Palo Alto, CA 2012
Modern Parent Coach
Kiran is a mom to two young daughters and is currently raising her sweet family in Palo Alto, CA. Kiran became a certified Integral Life and Leadership Coach with New Ventures West in 2011. She participated in the one year Parenting by Connection certification course with Hand in Hand Parenting in Palo Alto in 2011-2012.
Prior to starting her coaching practice in 2011, she spent nine years working as a high school history teacher in inner city schools in San Francisco and Oakland, CA, and three years as a school redesign consultant for the Austin, TX school districts and as a school turnaround coach for elementary principals in San Jose, CA. She participated in a Gates-Foundation funded, Stanford University-supported school redesign from 2003-2006, which led to breakthrough results for Mission High School students' college attendance rates.
She is a graduate of Cornell University, San Francisco State and New Ventures West.
Kiran practices meditation and yoga, which she credits with increasing her patience and compassion for others.
Kiran also uses the life, leadership and parenting coaching tools she teaches with her own family.
Though she's attended excellent universities and succeeded in tough work environments, nothing has taught or transformed her more than being a modern parent.